Conference: Cities of Tomorrow #4: Sustainable Regions, Cities & Communities
Date/Time: 22.03.2016, 09:00-18:00
Venue: Hotel Crowne Plaza, Bucharest, Romania
The German-Romanian Chamber of Commerce is pleased to invite you to participate at the fourth edition of Cities of Tomorrow, Romania’s top meeting forum for business, architecture and administration.
Our event offers a rich variety of presentations, workshops and a great opportunity for networking. Lectures by top international guests go side-by-side with debates on the Romanian situation and perspectives.
Cities of Tomorrow 2016 is dedicated to the importance of urban and regional development in stimulating sustainable, smart and equitable growth. Successful location marketing goes hand-in-hand with well-performing stakeholder collaboration, a key factor for the efficient management of cities.
In times of growing mobility and internationalisation of goods, services, labour and capital, Romanian regions are faced with increased competition with other regions, both within Europe and beyond.
Efficient cooperation between all stakeholders involved in regional development helps to create an investment-friendly business environment and related economic advantages.
In this regard, Cities of Tomorrow 2016 aims to raise the audience’s awareness about several crucial questions:
- Who are the stakeholders and how do they work together: mayors, county councils, investment agencies, civil society, local businesses and foreign investors?
- How can the business community and civil society be involved in major economic projects?
- How can the economic environment positively affect the quality of the public services - from the first meeting with a potential investor through project implementation and beyond?
- How can stakeholders enter and stay in a common dialog?
- What added-value does networking generate within the region?
- Networking on national level vs. networking on local level? Cross-networking? What relationships arise? Which structures and what frameworks are useful for cross-networking? Which networks may lead to growth and innovation?
- What are the boundaries of networks with regard to economic, legal, material and human resources
Two separate workshops deal with major tasks and challenges.
- efficient business and economic development
- the tasks and roles of authorities and business actors
- shortages in urban and rural infrastructure
- available human resources; vocational and further training of employees; brain-drain
- city management ( public utilities, public parking, traffic management)
- Inner-cities and Historic Urban Areas
- integration of the city’s outskirts
- energy efficiency
Who should attend?
The conference is designed to provide useful information and new insights for:
- city mayors, city managers, representatives of regional development agencies and metropolitan areas, representatives of city and county councils
- private Romanian and foreign companies
- professionals in urban planning and architects
- real estate investors and developers interested or based in Southeast-Europe
- real estate professionals
- representatives of chambers of commerce and industry
- representatives of industrial clusters
- technology providers
- urban infrastructure and utilities companies
- banking professionals
LANGUAGE OF THE CONFERENCE: English-Romanian with simultaneous interpretation
Meet the speakers.
The current program of the conference can be found here.
Participation fee: 120 euro + VAT per person.
Participants registering by 11th February 2016 will receive an early-bird discount of 20%
* an additional 20% discount for the members of the German Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
** an additional 10% discount for the members of our partner organisation
Please register here:
For further information don’t hesitate to contact us.
Ruxandra Dumitrescu, tel.: +40 21 207 91 48, email: dumitrescu.ruxandra(at)ahkrumaenien.ro